Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hoodie Revolution

This video came out in 2004. You can tell how old it is ... this was before you could put high-quality images on youtube, it had to be made into a cartoon. Yet it's still relevant, esp. now with the "hoodie protests" decrying the lack of justice proffered for Trayvon Martin. Apparently some people can get away with murder. It's been 10 years since the murder of thousands of Americans in the world trade center, and 9 years since Bush, the target of this video, has been at large for war crimes -- *lying* us into 2 wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the name of imperialism.



I wrote this radio script in 2005 (Here's the audio version). As far as I know, there has been no justice for Bassim Chmait. The guy that shot him was acquitted of all charges.

Is this the kind of country we want to be living in? Where people (not to mention drones) can shoot others with impunity? No justice, no peace.

2 comments:

The Realist Report said...

Hey Jody, that is an amazing video and an amazing song by Eminem. I have never heard of it or seen the vid. Thanks for sharing.

We need truth and justice more than ever right now. Are we there yet, or even close? I'm sad to say that no, we are not. There is so much confusion, ignorance, apathy, and disorder. Especially with the whole Occupy movement. What will it take? How can we organize to end this madness? I think about this all day long, and can't come up with a good answer...

Jody Paulson said...

Hi, John! Sorry it took me so long to get your comment posted. I don't have my own computer and I was away from the library over the weekend.

On an individual level, John, you're doing the right thing. You've gone well out of your way to try to get the truth out there ... the trouble is, we need thousands of people just like you. And most people just don't care until they lose something.

I've lost a lot myself. So has my friend Cindy Sheehan. People have to get to the point where they don't care about their personal "safety" and "security" anymore ... it's all a sham anyway. I guess that's what it's going to take. The economy is being held up with bubble gum and bailing wire, and when it collapses ...

I just hope the American people can handle it as well as they handled the collapse of the WTC ... there *are* good people in this country, they're just ignorant as fuck ... maybe it's time to start occupying some TV and radio stations ...