Friday, August 15, 2008

Locals express frustration at Nancy Pelosi's book signing

I was at the event described in this article: Pelosi & The People of the Lie. As you can imagine, I was one of the hecklers. Several of us yelled "impeach" when Pelosi finally got around to talking about Bush (After talking about household chores, being a good Catholic and growing up in her family. I hear most of her book is a boring autobiography ... I didn't spend the money to get one signed).

Also, remember my blog entry about how one British town is spurning supermarkets? Here's a cute story about a pub that's working quite well with the barter system: Pub beats the credit crunch by allowing punters to barter home-grown food for beer

Haven't had much time for blogging these days, hope I can catch up with some more entries this coming week.

No comments: