Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Mandela Effect: informal poll results

I've written about the Mandela Effect before. I won't offer any possible explanations for it (some of which involve time travel, CERN and alternate universes!) because I wouldn't know about any of that stuff ... but I will describe what it basically is in general. It's a phenomenon that has recently taken on more and more prominence in social media. It seems fairly large segments of the population remember things very differently than what "history" records ... and many of these people are absolutely certain of those memories. The name "Mandela Effect" comes from a large number of people who claim to remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison long before he became president of South Africa. I'm not one of those people, but I do remember many things differently than what history now records. Anyway, here are the results of some informal polls I made on Twitter:


















FYI: the Internet says the correct answers are (bottom to top) Reba McEntire, dilemma, Febreze, Depend, had a gun, Jonny, horned Moses, smiling, Zimmern, Smokey Bear, 6, no monocle, Totinos, Froot Loops, KitKat, "no, I am your father."

No comments: